Make Money Here

Tuesday 7 April 2015

Son Suspects Foul Play As Parents Die In New Home

Residents at Ibafo Community in Ogun State recently woke up to discover that  fume from a generating set had killed a husband and wife in their new home. The bodies of Tunji Lawal and his wife were found in their newly built home on March 30, 2015, with the generating set still running in one of the rooms. One of their new neighbours, simply identified Mr. Daniel, said that although autopsy had not been carried out, everyone knew it was generator fume that killed them. Daniel added: “We knocked and called their phones but they didn’t respond. We had to break the door. On getting inside, we saw both of them dead on bed. It was an experience I never wish to witness again. Immediately, we rushed to alert police and their family members.” The couple’s first born, Afeez Lawal, was bitter over the development. He said: “The incident till now is far from what I can comprehend. “I’ve never had such an experience before. “This is the first time I would be experiencing this sort of thing. “When I got to our house in Ibafo, after I received a call, I saw a mammoth of crowd in the house. “I was told that my parents died of generator fume. “But I told them it was not possible. “My parents could not sleep and fume would kill them without becoming aware of the danger. “Usually, once my dad falls asleep, he would wake up within an hour or two. “He usually wakes up to listen to news. “He had always been complaining that he doesn’t sleep well.” According to Afeez, the food his mother prepared for his dad was still on the table. Afeez added: “Most times, when the generator is inside the house, we would open the window in one of the rooms. “But we have fans that work regularly. “They both live and work in Bariga, while they go to Ibafo to spend their weekends. “I’m still sceptical about what they said killed them because I did my personal investigation. “I checked the house thoroughly. “But there were no traces that the generator fume killed them. “There was no sign of the fume on the wall. “We’re not just putting the generator in the room where it was during the incident. “I checked their corpses. “My dad was had his two hands crossed on his chest, with legs on the floor, hanging from the bed. “My mummy was lying on his chest.” Afeex further said he noticed striped marks on his mother’s chest. “He said the stripes made him to know that something was wrong. Afeez said neighbours told him that they got worried when they noticed that the couple, who usually wake up around 8am, did not step out of their apartment. He said: “Neighbours had to knock the door and also called their mobile phones. “When there was no response for almost an hour, they resorted to breaking the door inside. “On getting inside their room, they found both of them dead. “The people that opened the door said they didn’t see smoke inside the house. “The only thing they noticed was that the house was full of heat.” While alleging foul play, Afeez said his father was invited to head a section of the National Union of Road Transport Workers, adding that although his father declined, someone might have come after him, thinking he would change his mind. “He also said that his father recently filed a suit against some people in court. “He was however happy that the police had promised to investigate every angle of the case.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting here!