Make Money Here

Monday 22 December 2014

MADEIRA PAYS TRIBUTE TO FAVOURITE SON Cristiano: "My aim is to win the Champions League again"

Cristiano: My aim is to win the Champions League again
Cristiano Ronaldounveiled a statue of himself on the Portuguese archipelago of Madeira, his homeland, and revealed his aim for the coming year: to "win the Champions League again" with Real Madrid. The forward also received a medal of honour, the highest distinction from the regional government.
During a ceremony held at the headquarters of the Regional Legislative Assembly, Cristiano expressed his gratitude and delight: "It is an honour to be back in Madeira, where I grew up and I have my roots and my family. It means a lot to me and it is a huge privilege to be here with the Madeiran people".
Cristiano standing tall at 2 metres and 40 centimetres
The bronze statue is two metres and 40 centimetres high and weighs 800 kg. It is located in the port of Funchal, the capital of Madeira, near the museum dedicated to the player, which has become a tourist attraction in the region.
During the tribute, organised by a local newspaper and attended by hundreds of Madeirans, the footballer's mother was visibly touched and Cristiano acknowledged that these types of testimonials delight him.
"It is a privilege to be on my island, where I have my roots, my education, and where my football life began", Ronaldo said, before adding that without his family "it would not have been possible" to achieve what he has achieved.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting here!