Make Money Here

Tuesday 16 December 2014

Xavi: "You can't live in the past

Xavi: You can't live in the pastIn an interview given to 'El País Semanal' newspaper, Barcelona's Xavi Hernández commented on current events and his own personal situation at the club. "You can't live in the past. Football is about the present", were his first words.

Consequences:"I read the sports press everyday. I expect to come across criticism and I like to face it head on. I suffer, I implicate myself. I'm not the type of person who doesn't care. I think about how we can improve, how we can win people over".
Luis Enrique:"He made it very clear: if you deserve it, you'll play. It's always been like that, hasn't it? He was very honest".
Pelopo:"Luis Enrique treats me really well. He is very respectful. He calls me Pelopo. He's always called me that, even when we played together. My current teammates call me Maqui, but he calls me Pelopo because that's what his generation called me".
Criticism:"This is Barça and criticism is par for the course. We talk about it in the dressing room, but we shouldn't to pay attention to praise or criticism".
Casillas:"He called me and asked what was going on. I answered: 'Is everything ok?' He snapped back: 'Ok? No, not really.' We called each other all sorts. It was to be expected, right? In the end we agreed that we couldn't carry on like that, that we were setting a poor example, it was a disgrace".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting here!