Make Money Here

Tuesday 6 January 2015

Football - Puyol quits Barça after Zubizarreta sacking

Puyol quits Barça after Zubizarreta sacking

Carles Puyol has announced that he has brought his time at Barcelona, where he worked as the assistant director of football, to an end. His announcement came just half an hour after the sacking of Andoni Zubizarreta.
The former Barça captain posted a statement on Facebook expressing his gratitude for the way he has been treated by all areas of the club and the fans.
Puyol's statement read as follows:
In this statement I wish to announce that I have decided to step down from my post at FC Barcelona.
These three and a half months have given me the opportunity to see the other side of the club. I have learned a lot and I am very grateful, but I would like to experience other things from a different perspective and from elsewhere. I want to grow both personally and professionally so that, in the future, I can hopefully return home and give back everything you have given me during these unforgettable years.
I remain enormously grateful to the employees, directors, the president and the sporting department for helping me and believing in me during this transitional period, which has been anything but easy. But above all, to the fans - as a player I always felt they were really behind me, and even more so since my retirement.
I would like to have bid farewell to everyone before hanging up my boots, but you do not get everything you wish for in life.
I have been and continue to be extremely fortunate to feel such great affection, and can only say thank you and that you will always be in my heart.
Source - Marca

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting here!